perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Apache::ASP under SpeedyCGI?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:06:03 GMT
ggincius  wrote:
> --- In apache-asp@yahoogroups.com, Josh Chamas <josh@c...> wrote:
>
>>ggincius  wrote:
>>
>>>I want to run Apache::ASP under SpeedyCGI (to run apache without
>>>mod_perl). Is this possible? How?
>>>

>>The syntax for invoking a normal CGI mode Apache::ASP script is to
>>have the first line of the script be like:
>>
>>   #!/usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/asp-perl
>

> Changed this to:
> #!/usr/bin/speedy /usr/bin/asp-perl
>
> And it works! Thanks for hint. Let's come to test memory usage &
> perfomance of 'plain' apache + speedy + Apache::ASP vs mod_perl +
> apache + Apache::ASP... ;)

This is good to know.  I just reviewed the DESTROY() code & invocation
for Apache::ASP with regards to SpeedyCGI and I believe that everything
should work fine, even $Server->RegisterCleanup.  You should not see any
memory leaks coming out of Apache::ASP and other persistence issues should
be similar to other usage under SpeedyCGI & mod_perl

Regards,

Josh