perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Stress test Apache::ASP application.
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:34:43 GMT
Richard Curtis wrote:
> I am looking for a way to stress test my web app which has been
> developed in Apache::ASP.
>
> I have seen an application called "Microsoft Application Center Test"
> which can literally record a users actions in Internet Explorer, then
> simulate this action over an over again.
>
> This application comes with .Net Enterprise Edition, so is not cheap.
>
> Does anyone know of any free / shareware apps that can do a similar
> thing, but work with an Apache web server.

The Roboweb project was meant to be a proxy capture replay testing method:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/roboweb/

You might look into HTTP::WebTest on CPAN for another method.

Personally, I find using ab ( ApacheBench ) to be normally adequate,
but would use direct LWP scripting for something more advanced.
LWP programming can easily enable the capture & reuse of cookies
which can help when using ASP sessions.

Regards,

Josh