perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Response->Include
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:23:35 GMT
Csongor Fagyal wrote:

> Actually I have my home-grown templating system, and I had this idea to
> take the templates and convert them to ASP, since my parser is very
> slow, while mod_perl scripts are not :-). One other way would be to
> generate ASP files and write them to disk, but I tend to dislike that idea.
> Apache::ASP->Loader() is fine, but I do not like the idea of compiling
> scripts at server startup. My templates change too frequently for that.

One thing that might be easy enough to do is to create a tmp directory
that is included in IncludesDir and write your ASP file there, then
include it after you have done your compilation.  That way it would
use the existing caching functionality if the runtime parsing would
not be fast enough for you.

--Josh