perl-asp mailing list archives

From "98vr6 <ssvr6@hotmail.com>" <ss...@hotmail.com>
Subject Hi. I'm new and I have a few questions.
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:12:17 GMT
I glanced over the "archive" of emails and couldn't find what I was
looking for. (At least not in the subject.)

I'm a microsoft ASP developer. I just moved 2 personal sites over to
a new host that only has Apache ASP (you can see where this is
going). I've been to Apache-ASP.org and for some reason, I can't get
any scripts to work.

Here's what I want to do and I want to make sure that i'm doing this
correctly. I'm doing a simple request from a querystring, asigning
that value to a variable and then using that variable later on to
determine what javascript include to use. (This will later be
replaced with a database call, I just don't have the database created
yet.)

Anyway...here's what I started with.

<%
If Request("CAR") = "" Then
 sCar = ""
Else
 sCar = Request("CAR")
End If
%>

So, I tried this....

<%
If $Request->QueryString($car) = "" Then
 $sCar = ""
Else
 $sCar = $Request->QueryString($car)
End If
%>

Of course, this isn't working. I was reading about a global.asa file.
Could someone explain this to me? I didn't get a really good
understanding from what I read on the net.

Thanks for your help!

Steve