perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Two suggestions
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:01:57 GMT
Uwe Riehm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your replies on my question "whom to send suggestions to". I will now do as
adviced and
> send them to the list. I have to admit that my changes have been done on a version 2.37
of Apache ASP
> because that the one which is in my actual distibution. But a far as I could see in the
downloaded actual
> version I think they should work there fine too.
>
> First one: Introduction of a config parameter CookieDomain
> CookieDomain lets you specify the domain the session cookie will be sent to.
> I have - actually on the same machine - different web servers running and I would like
to span a session
> across them. The servers are eg. serv1.domain.com and serv2.domain.com. In the actual
implementation

I have added this CookieDomain setting to my development version 2.55,
which I can send you if you would like.  I probably won't publish 2.55 for
some time as I just released 2.53 to CPAN.

> Second one: avoid unecessary sending of cookies
> Well I have to admit that I don't know the reason for that particular behavior of Apache
ASP. Maybe there is
> a reason why it is done that way.
> But first let me describe my problem: If a user declines to accept a cookie the session
id is parsed into
> the source which is very fine. But on every consecutive page a cookie is tried to be
sent again. I can tell

You can disable the use of cookies for session id passing by using the
SessionQueryForce setting.  This is a relatively new feature.

   http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#SessionQuery85863960

To achieve similar functionality to CookieDomain config across
multiple servers for SessionQueryParse setting, you can use SessionQueryParseMatch

   http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#SessionQueryd88d64b8

Regards,

Josh