perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Apache::ASP
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:20:29 GMT
Digioso wrote:
> Hallo.
>
> I have some problems with Apache::ASP.
> I have Windows XP and I downloaded the Win32 Mod-Perl Apache-Server with
> ASP (ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/Perl-5.8-win32-bin/).
> I configured it as far as I knew. but I have some problems:
> First thing is, that .asp files donĀ“t work.
> I always get an "Internal Server Error", saying that I confgured
> something wrong.
> However, when I rename them to .htm, they do work.
>
> And the second thing is, that normal ASP-Script do not work either.
> A friend of mine told me, that it seems, that Apache::ASP does use
> Perl-Scripts and not ASP-Scripts.
> This script should work:
> <%for i = 1 to 5 response.write "<h"&i&">asp</h"&i&">"%>

That is VBScript, and Apache::ASP only supports Perl scripting.
ASP ==> Active Server Pages platform supports a variety of scripting languages,
and on IIS VBScript is the most commonly used.  Apache::ASP was created
in part so that VBScript would not have to be used as the development
language while still keeping the nice object model.

Please see http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#VBScript%20or%2007fa600d
for commercial alternatives.

Regards,

Josh