perl-asp mailing list archives

From "pkunal" <pku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setup Apache::ASP and MySQL
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:43:58 GMT
Josh,

I was able to solve this problem..atleast for the time being.
But I definitely will have to dig deeper into mySQL.

Well the problem was solved when i changed the connection command
to :

my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:test:pavilion", 'ODBC', '');

This might be a good note for those who are using MS Windows 98 and
are using WinMySQLAdmin.

I am sure this is not a secure way to give access to the user to the
database of my web site. First, it does not require any password and
second I have no clue how this username "ODBC" was created by
WinMySQLAdmin.

I would welcome any suggestions as to what I should do for more
secure access to the database by any experienced users. But I guess
this should work for development phase.

Thanks anyway Josh for replying.

Thanks,
Kunal Parekh.