perl-asp mailing list archives

From "pkunal" <pku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Sending mail from ASP Page.
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:11:32 GMT
All,

I am developing a web site using Windows 98, Apache, Apache-ASP,
mySQL.
I have completed the pages in ASP wherein a user can sign up.

With some previous experience of developing a web site using ASP
using Microsoft Technologies (ASP-Visual Basic and Windows NT, IIS
Server) I know that there is an incapability of sending emails with
Windows 98 system. Reason:
For sending email through Active Server Pages you need is the
Collaborative Data Object, which ships with NT Option Pack 4.

I would like to know with the great new combination I am using
(Windows 98, Apache, Apache-ASP, mySQL), will I be able to send
emails with my Windows 98 system??

Please let me know. I read about the SendMail Perl module. I think
it might work for sending mails from ASP Page. Anyway, please
suggest the best way to do it?

Will appreciate your help and suggestions.

Thanks,
Kunal.