perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: upgrading from v1.95
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:14:01 GMT
Quoting Remi Fasol <re_mi_fa@yahoo.com>:

> hello,
>
> i'm a moving my site to a new machine and decided to
> upgrade from version 1.95 to the current version.
>
> i enable cookieless sessions via SessionQuery but
> would like to turn this feature off when my local site
> indexing system runs (otherwise it takes way too long
> to index the site). i fixed this problem in the older
> version with a simple modification to "sub URL" in
> ASP.pm like this:

How about using a mod_perl style PerlInitHandler to
unset ( or set to Off ), the SessionQuery configs if the
user agent matches your specified user agents.  This method
is documented here...

  http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#How%20can%20I%20kef206b910

but the focus of that solution to disabling session in case
of bots hitting your site.

Regards,

Josh