perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: upgrading from v1.95
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:06:50 GMT
Remi Fasol wrote:
> hello josh.
>
> i'm not sure how to do this. would it look something
> like:
>
> PerlInitHandler "sub {
> $_[0]->dir_config('SessionQuery', 0) unless
> $ENV{HTTP_USER_AGENT} =~ /^Mozilla/ }"
>
> if so, under what section of my config files would i
> put this handler?

Typically, this code would go into a startup.pl type mod_perl file like so:

# httpd.conf
PerlRequire /path/to/startup.pl
PerlInitHandler My::InitHandler

# startup.pl
package My::InitHandler;
use Apache;

sub handler {
   my $r = shift;

   unless($r->headers_in('User-Agent') =~ /^Mozilla/)) {
      $r->dir_config('SessionQuery', 'Off');
      # you might also set other SessionQuery* params to Off here too...
   }

   200;
}

1;

If you wanted to skip the startup.pl file, you could move this code directly
to your httpd.conf file in <Perl> sections, or you could nicely package this
handler as a real perl module which you PerlModule from httpd.conf.

Regards,

Josh