perl-asp mailing list archives

From "D. L. Fox" <d...@netpath.net>
Subject global.asa and security
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2003 17:03:06 GMT
>From the Apache::ASP documentation:

"Default for Global is the directory the script is in (e.g. '.'), but should
be set to some directory not under the www server document root, for
security reasons, on a production site."

According to $Server->Config(), my site host has Global set to /tmp, which
is fine as far as what the above states.  It does not appear to be
accessible via the web.  However, in another section, the documentation also
states:

"Make sure Global is set to where your web applications global.asa is if you
have one!"

I thought perhaps I could redefine Global specifically for my site using
.htaccess.  However, I have noticed I am not allowed to create any
files/directories outside my www root in which to place the global.asa file.

Should I not use a global.asa file, since I can only place it under my www
root?