perl-asp mailing list archives

From Philip Mak <p...@aaanime.net>
Subject $Response->End bug?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 06:42:10 GMT
In Apache::ASP 2.55, if I have the following ASP script:

This is a blank page.
<%= $Response->End %>

and then I load it, nothing will be displayed.

The same thing happens with this ASP script:

<my:page title="Blank Page">
This is a blank page.
<%$Response->End%>
</my:page>

where my:page is an XMLSub.

This is proving problematic on my website because sometimes, in the
middle of a script it decides that there is an error condition and
aborts, so I want to $Response->Clear, print an error message and
$Response->End, but calling $Response->End causes a completely blank
page to be returned.

Is this a bug in Apache::ASP? Or should I not be calling
$Response->End in the middle of a script, and rather I should redesign
the script such that all error checking is done at the beginning?