perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Internal server error when viewing sample asp scripts
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:29:53 GMT
memito1999 wrote:
> Well I don't get the internal server error any longer because I added
> the new asp directory onto my http.conf file.  But when I try to
> access the default.asp page for a site i've been working on I get the
> following:
>
> Errors Output
> errors compiling global.asa: maybe use strict error: Bareword found
> where operator expected
> at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cbct//./global.asa line 2, near "' (C)
> Copyright 1997 ACSYS, Inc. All Rights Reserved. ' Global" (Might be a
> runaway multi-line '' string starting on line 1)
> Apache::ASP::GlobalASA::__ANON__('Bareword found where operator
> expected at /usr/local/apache/h...') called
> at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cbct//./global.asa line 2 eval ' #line
> 1 /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cbct//./global.asa package
> Apache::ASP::Compiles::__ASP__usr_local_apache_htdocs_cbct__x; ;; use
> strict ;; use vars qw($Application $Session $Response $Server
> $Request); ;; use lib qw(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cbct//.); ;; \' (C)
> Copyright 1997 ACSYS, Inc. All Rights Reserved. \' Global.asa Initial
> file for all active server functions. \'What happens on beginning of
> user session SUB Session_OnStart \'Small font Session("FontSmall")

You are using VBScript and Apache::ASP only supports Perl scripting.
I apologize for the confusion, but I do my best by putting this into
the first line of the home page:

   Apache::ASP provides an Active Server Pages port to the Apache Web
   Server with Perl scripting only,

For options that support VBScript, please see this FAQ:

   http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#VBScript%20or%2007fa600d

Regards,

Josh