perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Applications, one web server?
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:47:45 GMT
Skylos the Doggie wrote:
> Greetings gentlemen,
>
> I just noticed something that disturbed me greatly.
>
> I have several *necessarily* independant ASP applications that I wish to
> run on the same server.  Different directories, different virtualhosts,
> different global.asa's, all utilizing Apache::ASP.

Make sure you have UseStrict set, this will help with global variables
that need to be scoped properly.  The Global settings and global.asa should
be compiled separately as long as they are different.  What are your
separate configs for a couple apps that seem to overlap, and what variables
are seemingly shared ( report on this only after making sure UseStrict is
set and you have worked through that everywhere. )

I see no problem with you have multiple separate Apache::ASP on a server,
as I do this myself without problems.

Also, if you are talking about share $Application data, then that is
dependent on what StateDir is set to.

Regards,

Josh