perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: $Response->End bug?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:10:35 GMT
Philip Mak wrote:
> In Apache::ASP 2.55, if I have the following ASP script:
>
> This is a blank page.
> <%= $Response->End %>
>
> and then I load it, nothing will be displayed.
>
> The same thing happens with this ASP script:
>
> <my:page title="Blank Page">
> This is a blank page.
> <%$Response->End%>
> </my:page>

Hi Philip,

I have run into similar problems & I don't have a good solution.

The problem is that the output generated between an XMLSubs tag
is buffered so that it can be passed to that tag subroutine.
A call to $Response->End exits the script processing prematurely
not even allowing the XMLSubs tag to capture the output in process.

You could try a <% return; %> instead of $Response->End, which should
halt the XMLSubs execution as the XMLSubs block is really a
subroutine anyway ( though I do not think I have done this personally,
so I would be curious as to your results. ).

If you have any ideas about how things could be done better, I would
be happy to hear them as always.

Regards,

Josh