perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: disabling session manager
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:22:22 GMT
Remi Fasol wrote:
> hello.
>
> i would like to disable the session manager for
> non-webbrowser user agents. i have implemented the
> code as shown in the faq but after 24 hours, sessions
> were not being activated for web browsers as well.

That's not good.

> is this because the httpd process, after having seen a
> non-webbrowser user agent, persists with
> 'AllowSessionState' in an 'Off' state?
>
> if so, should the example InitHandler code reactivate
> 'AllowSessionState'? (or perhaps some other handler?)

The init handler code should run each time after the PerlSetVar
does its thing.  I am not sure what would be inconsistent
about it other than maybe its too early in the request stage.
Maybe if you tried it as a PerlFixupHandler instead, it would
work better?  Worth a shot at least.

Regards,

Josh