perl-asp mailing list archives

From Helmut <hel...@hzlabs.com>
Subject Re: XML - problem with variable scoping
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 06:35:53 GMT
Hi TIA,

you could use a unique package name (as Apache::ASP does it with global
variables without explizit package name - i think), for example some kind
of time-information merged into the package name.

But i think the easiest way would be the usage of session variables:

sub my::load_all
{ [..]
  $Session->{'loaded1'} = "somevalue";
  [..]
}

[..]
<my:display variable1=<%=$Session->{'loaded1'}%>/>
[..]

sub my::unload_all
{  [..]
   delete $Session->{'loaded1'};
   [..]

Of course you have to activate Sessions to use this.

Helmut

--On Sunday, November 02, 2003 19:30:52 +0000 luciflatum