perl-asp mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] Apache::OK vs 200
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:45:06 GMT

> And if you return Apache::HTTP_OK, in response handler it's essentially
> an error too. If people feel really strong about it, we can put back the
> special case for Apache::HTTP_OK. Though if you think about it, it makes
> your life much simpler is you remember that all you have to return in OK
> or DECLINED to continue and anything else will abort the normal loop. I
> hope you will agree with me.

for the record, this is exactly how apache behaves for people writing C
modules - it expects a handler to return OK, DECLINED, DONE, or
_some_http_status_all_of_which_mean_"error"

so, I'd rather not go back to 200 == OK.  not only does this make writing
handlers in perl different than C, but is also creates a problem for people
who use mod_perl to drive protocols other than HTTP, where 200 might well
mean something entirely different.

--Geoff