perl-asp mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@taperfriendlymusic.org>
Subject Accessing session data outside of mod_perl env
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:10:13 GMT
Greetings,

I'm attempting to manipulate the $Application object from a cronjob and
need some guidance.  I have a cron script which generates an object from
data which I want to embed into the session.  I could write a handler
that gets called via LWP from the cron and does the required session
manipulation but I'm wondering if there's a more elegant solution.
Here's what I have so far in the cronjob:

use Apache::ASP;
use Apache::ASP::Application;
my $object = My::App->new();
my $asp = Apache::ASP->new($a_request_object);
$asp::Application->{'object'} = { object => $object };

So the question is what can I use for $a_request_object?  I'm using mp2
so Apache::FakeRequest is out - any ideas?

Thanks,

Fred