perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Apache::ASP and COM objects
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:41:19 GMT
Melezhik A V wrote:
> I would like to know if Apache:ASP module enables PerlScript to access
> arbitrary COM objects under Apache.
> I know it's possible in case IIS web server + ASP.

Yes its possible.  You can create your COM objects via $Server->CreateObject API.
This is only possible on a win32 platform though, not unix/linux.

> And if so could you give an example, please.

I don't do COM/win32 programming, but you could start by creating the general object:

   my $ad_rotator = $Server->CreateObject("MSWC.AdRotator");
     ... go from there, don't know the API methods ...

The basic access to COM objects in perl is via Win32::OLE.  Try "perldoc Win32::OLE"
for more information on this.  The above API is effectively calling

  Win32::OLE->new("MSWC.AdRotator")

Regards,

Josh