perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: %config in Apache::ASP->Loader
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:07:30 GMT
Philip Mak wrote:
>>>From tuning.html:
>

>>The %config args, are the config options that you want set that
>>affect compilation. These options include Debug, Global,
>>GlobalPackage, DynamicIncludes, StatINC, StatINCMatch, XMLSubsMatch,
>>and XMLSubsStrict.
>

> If I leave the %config hash empty, will Apache::ASP->Loader use the
> values of Global and GlobalPackage from httpd.conf? Or do I have to
> set those manually to the same values that I have in httpd.conf?

You have to set them manually to the same values that you have in httpd.conf.

To confirm whether the Loader() config really worked, set Debug -1
while running Apache::ASP a script, so that you can see that the scripts
have already been compiled for the first requests against your site.

Also note that includes will be compiled as well, if they are loaded
with <!--#include ... --> or $Response->Include, but not if they are
loaded with $main::Response->Include as the parser is not smart enough
to pick those up when Loader() is called.

Regards,

Josh