perl-asp mailing list archives

From "Benjamin J. Stassart" <benja...@stassart.org>
Subject Re: Disaster with a debian update
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 04:06:29 GMT

If you are feeling lazy and trust me, I put the source and deb up at:

http://www.stassart.org/debian/

[If it's down then maybe you don't want to use this version :)]

Otherwise:

All you need to do to fix is recompile libapache-mod-perl.

To recompile you need to install apache-dev libgdbm-dev and possibly some
other dev libraries depending on what is already installed on your system
compared to mine.

Then just:

$ cd /usr/local/src
$ su -
# cd /usr/local/src
# apt-get source libapache-mod-perl
# chown -hR user:group libapache-mod-perl-1.27/
# ^D
$ cd libapache-mod-perl-1.27
$ fakeroot debian/rules binary

The only change I made to the source was updating the changelog (which
changes the version number to -5).

If you are like me and maintain your own local repository, you will also
want to remember to rebuild that.

# mv libapache-mod-perl_1.27-5_i386.deb debs/
# dpkg-scanpackages debs /dev/null | gzip > debs/Packages.gz

Benjamin J. Stassart
 A great many people think they are thinking    |
 when they are merely rearranging their         |
 prejudices                                     |