perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Apache::ASP and PHP?
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 04:00:53 GMT
Andrew Koebrick wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Is it possible to have a page parsed for both Apache::ASP and PHP?
> Yes, I know mixing languages on a single page is poor form.  But such
> is the need for this project.
>
> Ideally I would run the handler through the PHP interpreter first,
> (followed by SSI, but I can work around that by using the php require
> function) followed by Apache::ASP.  I have tried to alter my
> httpd.conf so that:
>
> <Files ~ (\.htm|\.inc|\.phtml)>
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlHandler Apache::ASP
>
> The /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf file is like so:
>
> <Files *.php>
>     SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES
>     SetInputFilter PHP
>     LimitRequestBody 524288
> </Files>

Right, with mod_perl 2 / Apache 2 this seems theoretically possible.
But no framework has been created to make Apache::ASP work in this way.

Here is a link to how this can work with mod_perl generally:

   http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#C_PerlOutputFilterHandler_

Now if there is a mod_perl handler that is acting as an output filter, it could
certainly do some of the things that Apache::ASP->handler() does and create
an execution environment for script processing, but then this might be
a lot of work to get going.

Regards,

Josh