perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: [bug?] include mechanism
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:42:49 GMT
Quoting Marko Friedemann <mfr@bmx-chemnitz.de>:

> Hi list,
>
> I started playing around with Apache::ASP the other day and encountered
> a rather strange way of dealing with includes.
>
> Let's say I have the following situation:
>
> 1 (folder)
> +-- A (file)
> +-- 2 (folder)
>      +-- B (file)
>      +-- C (file)
>
> Let's also say we let:
>   A include B and
>   B include C
>
> While we naturally use '#include file="2/B"' to include B from A, we
> also naturally use '#include file="C"' to include C from B.
> The problem is that this fails because it searches C in 1 rather than 2
> due to the include simply not being aware of the fact that it was
> basically called from within 2.
> Calling B directly works, because ASP is then aware of being run in 2
> and finds C accordingly.
>
> While I personally consider this a bug, or a flaw at least, I would like
> to hear the opinion of you guys.

This is simply how it works, that the base directory includes are done from is
first the directory of the executing script, followed by the Global directory
and then any IncludesDir specified.  This is really because the first directory
searched is '.' and there has already been a chdir to that base directory of
the executing script.

Regards,

Josh