perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: [bug?] include mechanism
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:10:16 GMT
Quoting Marko Friedemann <mfr@bmx-chemnitz.de>:
> Well, yes. This IS how it works. The question is wether it is actually
> SUPPOSED to be that way and wether there is any security or whatever
> other reason for it to be so.
> I did say that I consider this a flaw, because it is not what you
> usually want to do.

Yes, it is supposed to work that way.  Currently the context of includes does in
no way override the context of the base executing script.  This is supposed to
be that way.  I have never wanted to relatively change the include path to the
context of an included include, and I am not convinced that this is what one
usually wants to do, but I do understand the point you are making.  The fact is
that when things have been working the way they have been for 5 years, there
needs to be a compelling reason to change things.

Regards,

Josh