perl-asp mailing list archives

From Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tcha...@arx.gr>
Subject Re: Load.pm patch
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:29:36 GMT
Joshua Chamas wrote:

>Quoting Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tchatzi@arx.gr>:
>

>>Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:

>>Actually, now that I come to think of it, it won't work: there are sites
>>with a number of scripts in their root directory and a subdirectory of
>>root filled up with other stuff, so these cannot be selectively added...
>>

>What about doing something like:
>
>for my $file_or_dir (glob(qw(/path/to/root/*.asp)), /path/to/other) {
>  Apache::ASP->Load($file_or_dir, '.*', %config);
>}
>
>Since files can be loaded as well as directories?
>
>--Josh

I see your point, if we have to list directories anyhow, why not list
the ones Load() will have to dive into ?
I kind of like the idea of Load() descending into subdirectories unless
told otherwise, since e.g. our graphics team can copy & paste a contact
form and the relavant .asp file into a client's new subdirectory, edit
the presentational aspect and actually expect it to work. Plus I think a
new-ish user will appreciate the convinience.

It's not that I have given it very much thought, more of an idea than
anything else...