perl-asp mailing list archives

From john z <zep...@toad.net>
Subject Re: finding OK internal server error message
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:22:05 GMT
tks.
at least one part of the mystery is solved.
when i installed perl 5.8.4 with the .8 distribution from randy, i deleted
the old perl and apache2 directories so it would be fresh. and yes (as
verified on another install on a different pc), apache 2.57 gets
introduced. this happens (no surprise) to correspond to the version of
apache on the mod-list for the distribution.

but when i looked at the asp.pm file, it was saying 2.55 and got me making
a few more gray hairs. my memory was delete perl/ install. how did it
revert to 2.55.... hummm. it seems the after i put up a distribution, i
have to manually load 12 or so other perl modules.  i could have used ppm
and did an install Apache-ASP. as a test i tired that and to my surprise,
when you update asp with ppm, it reverts to 2.55. of course, at that point
neither verify --upgrade or install will force in 2.57 under ppm 2.1.6.

most of the time it seems when i run ppm/ verify and get a message about
update available, a ppm/verify --upgrade tends to simply give me a message
that the version is already up-to-date.