perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Problems with configuration.
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 03:41:04 GMT
checta2002 wrote:
> Hello!
> I need help trying to get Apache::ASP working with Apache 1.3
> This is the errors I'm getting in the apache error log
>

> [Thu Nov 04 16:48:34 2004] [error] [asp] [1860] [error]
> can't create group dir /tmp/asp: No such file or directory,
> c:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/ASP/State.pm line 160

StateDir must be set to a directory that is writable to
your web server.  So on linux, /tmp/asp is probably fine,
assuming there is a /tmp, but since this is a windows server,
then you need to create another directory for this purpose
perhaps like c:/Temp/asp that is writable by the web server
user account. ( might be system user if run as a service )
and then set StateDir to that directory.

Note that StateDir is to store state files $Session & $Application,
if you don't need these objects, then you can set NoState 1.

Regards,

Josh