perl-asp mailing list archives

From ivan-...@420.am
Subject Re: nested includes revisited, w/workaround
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 03:18:23 GMT
On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 01:32:04PM -0800, Josh Chamas wrote:
> ivan-asp@420.am wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Nested includes don't work as you would expect (well, at least they
> >don't work as *I* expected :).  Given files
> >
> >/PATH/A
> >/PATH/DIR/B
> >/PATH/DIR/C
> >

> I believe your goal really is to really refactor includes elsewhere,

No, that's not my goal, that's a way of avoiding the problem.  I'm happy
with my directory structure.  I'm aware of the available workarounds and
my post even included one.

The problem is the "action-at-a-distance" when using nested includes,
in which includes behave differently depending on where they're called
from.

> I think really refactoring of these includes should put them into a path
> not browsable from the web, so should be ideally outside your main script
> area, not under it.

This doesn't work for me as I don't have this clear distinction between
"includes" and "top-level pages browseable from the web".

--
_ivan
Open-source billing, ticketing and provisioning