perl-asp mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Dixon" <dixon...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: Problem with PDF files
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:12:04 GMT
> This declares *.pdf files as being ASP files.  Apache::ASP is trying to
> interpret them directly!
>
> What you want to do cannot be accomplished with this mechanism.  Try looking
> at the various Apache modules.

I understand that this forces the PDF files to be handled through Apache::ASP. But shouldn't
the Script_OnStart section in the global.asa file short-circuit the processing of the file
itself and send it out as a straight binary file?  This is what seems to happen for the Word
files in the directory that are treated the same way.

Do you (or anyone else) have suggestions for modules to look at that can check for a valid
ASP session before allowing access to files on the server?

Thanks,

Jon Dixon
dixonjon@lycos.com
http://dixonjon.tripod.com/