perl-asp mailing list archives

From "perennialmind" <edh+ya...@physics.unh.edu>
Subject Server -> ServerReq
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 07:16:38 GMT

This may well be fixed in cvs, but I didn't see any info on how to
find out, so, just in case...

According to http://perl.apache.org/dist/mod_perl-2.0-current/Changes
, mod_perl version 1.99_15 moved Apache::Server to Apache::ServerReq.
 As of Apache::ASP version 2.57, ASP::ApacheCommon still references
Apache::Server.  Because this is loaded inside an eval block for which
$@ isn't even checked, the failure to load Apache::ServerReq and
Apache::Log goes unnoticed.  For me this results in small breakages
such as:
Can't locate object method "log_error" via package Apache::RequestRec"
instead of useful messages in the error log.  Judging from the list
archives, I am not alone.

Apache::compat, masks the bug, so I could easily imagine this going
unnoticed.