perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: might be Off Topic...
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:19:31 GMT
D. L. Fox wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is off topic because I'm not sure what is causing
> my problem - HTML, Apache::ASP, or what...
>
> I've been working on converting a personal site to XHTML 1.0 strict. The
> test page I'm using validates as XHTML 1.0 strict per the W3C validator.
> The problem I'm having is when submitting a form from that page.
> Although the browser is directed to the page listed in the "action"
> attribute, there is no data in QUERY_STRING. The form "method" attribute
> is set to "post", and REMOTE_METHOD shows that.
>
> In my global.asa file I have:
>
> sub Script_OnStart{
>     $Form = $Request->Form;
>     $Response->Include('header.inc');
> } # end Script_OnStart
>
> At the top of the page receiving the form input (display.asp) is the line:
>
> my @rssfeeds = keys %{$Form};
>
> I am using a similar line in another page on the site (receiving data
> from a different form) with no problems. It grabs the data submitted
> just fine.
>
> In the problem page, @rssfeeds is undefined after submitting data from
> its form page (index.asp).
>
> The test page is located at:
>
> http://www.frigginjiggy.com/xhtml/news/
>
> The source code for that page, and the display page, can be viewed at:
>
> http://www.frigginjiggy.com/xhtml/index.asp.txt
> http://www.frigginjiggy.com/xhtml/display.asp.txt
>
> Keep in mind this is not a final version of the site. ;)
>
> Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. I can't seem to
> figure it out.

Sorry, me neither.

The problem seems to be what the browser is sending, since on the
server side its not seeing any content uploaded from the form:

$Form = Apache::ASP::Collection=HASH(0x956da20)
CONTENT_LENGTH = 0
CONTENT_TYPE = application/x-www-form-urlencoded
MOD_PERL = mod_perl/1.99_09
QUERY_STRING =
REQUEST_METHOD = POST
SERVER_SOFTWARE = Apache

So maybe the HTML itself is not correct, but honestly it looked
fine to me.

Maybe also a chance that the apache server + mod_perl is too old
and you should upgrade.  The mod_perl version is pretty old
at this point.

Regards,

Josh