perl-asp mailing list archives

From Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tcha...@arx.gr>
Subject Peculiar problem with CompressGzip
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 13:49:44 GMT
Hi list,

I have a virtual host that produces plain XML (no XSLT needed, defined
or used).
The resulting files are quite large, so I thought I'd save some
bandwidth and enable CompressGzip on that specific directory.
There was no error 500, just some garbled output. I could make out some
``Can't upgrade that kind of scalar'' messages in the output, but apache
registered status 200 even for the (obviously) failed hits.

The only configuration directive that seemed to make a difference was:
<Directory /blah/blah/rdfs>
PerlSetVar CompressGzip 1
</Directory>
Removing this resulted in the files being sent as they were supposed to.

Best Regards,
Thanos Chatziathanassiou