perl-asp mailing list archives

From "Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT)" <andrew.koebr...@state.mn.us>
Subject RE: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 19:01:47 GMT
Josh,

No problem regarding the delay.   Yes I have a working installation.  I am running:
Server version: Apache/2.4.9 (Fedora)

I fixed my install problem by changing line 85 of StateManager.pm to:
        $self->{remote_ip}         = $r->connection()->client_ip();

Good to see that there is action on the Apache::ASP front.  I still have many websites running
with a basic Apache::ASP installation (basically just to embed perl in HTML).  And though
I am in the process of migrating many to Drupal, it will be a while until I am done.

I had to dig through my old email / postings to find this line.  So if I misunderstood your
question and sent the wrong tidbit, just let me know.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Chamas [mailto:josh.chamas@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Josh Chamas
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:40 PM
To: asp@perl.apache.org; Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT)
Subject: Re: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the ridiculous delay here!  I was just looking at getting mod_perl + apache 2.4
running and it seems to be a work in progress still, and the latest status seems to be here
dated April 2014:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/201404.mbox/browser

"The latest release of mod_perl doesn't yet support httpd-2.4, but we are working on it and
getting close to making a new release that does.

In the meantime you might like to try out the "httpd24threading" branch at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24threading

which is largely working and is what will (hopefully soon) become mod_perl-2.09."

How did you get mod_perl working then with Apache 2.4, and do you in fact have a working installation?

Regards,

Josh

Josh Chamas
Skol Labs LLC

On 7/10/13 12:41 PM, Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) wrote:
> Sorry for the misdirected reply.
>
> I have changed all reference from remote_ip  to client_ip in the following Apache::ASP
files on our system:
> Load.pm (1 occurrence)
> CGI.pm (2 occurrences)
> StateManager.pm (3 occurrences)
>
> That seems to have solved the problem.  I  hesitate however to post a patch since this
fix is only good for Apache2.4 and I believe would break instances running on earlier version.
 Perhaps a wiser programmer can add the appropriate server version checks in a conditional
so that it will work appropriately for all versions of Apache.

 Incidentally, what is the current project home?  http://sourceforge.net/projects/apache-asp
or http://www.apache-asp.org/?

> Andrew

from remote_ip to client_ip?  If it works, post a patch and someone with a commit bit will
apply it for you.

> And, if there's anyone reading this from the Perl Apache API documentation team, why
are the Apache 2.0 docs still the only ones on your site?