perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@skollabs.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 18:40:16 GMT
Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the ridiculous delay here!  I was just looking at getting mod_perl +
apache 2.4 running and it seems to be a work in progress still, and the latest
status seems to be here dated April 2014:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/201404.mbox/browser

"The latest release of mod_perl doesn't yet support httpd-2.4, but we
are working on it and getting close to making a new release that does.

In the meantime you might like to try out the "httpd24threading" branch at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24threading

which is largely working and is what will (hopefully soon) become mod_perl-2.09."

How did you get mod_perl working then with Apache 2.4, and do you in fact have a
working installation?

Regards,

Josh

Josh Chamas
Skol Labs LLC

On 7/10/13 12:41 PM, Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) wrote:
> Sorry for the misdirected reply.
>
> I have changed all reference from remote_ip  to client_ip in the following Apache::ASP
files on our system:
> Load.pm (1 occurrence)
> CGI.pm (2 occurrences)
> StateManager.pm (3 occurrences)
>
> That seems to have solved the problem.  I  hesitate however to post a patch since this
fix is only good for Apache2.4 and I believe would break instances running on earlier version.
 Perhaps a wiser programmer can add the appropriate server version checks in a conditional
so that it will work appropriately for all versions of Apache.

 Incidentally, what is the current project home?  http://sourceforge.net/projects/apache-asp
or http://www.apache-asp.org/?

> Andrew

from remote_ip to client_ip?  If it works, post a patch and someone with a commit bit will
apply it for you.

> And, if there's anyone reading this from the Perl Apache API documentation team, why
are the Apache 2.0 docs still the only ones on your site?