perl-asp mailing list archives

From Warren Young <war...@etr-usa.com>
Subject Re: Migrate existing Apache::ASP code from mod_perl to mod_fcgid?
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 18:32:15 GMT
On 5/21/2014 17:52, Josh Chamas wrote:

> I built Apache::ASP back in the day when both PHP and Java were toys
> (even Linux was half baked), and glue of the web and unix systems was
> often perl, my first love of a language.

One of my requirements was in fact that the next framework be
Perl-based, and only partly because we had all this code already
written.  The other reason, of course, is that Perl remains a highly
productive language for me.  I still reach for it first when writing
anything "scripty," despite knowing a dozen or so other languages that
could also accomplish the task.

As Bjarne said[1], there are the languages everyone complains about, and
the ones nobody uses. :)

[1] http://www.stroustrup.com/bs_faq.html#really-say-that