perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Sabol" <edwardjsa...@gmail.com>
Subject AuthCookieDBI and Apache 2.4
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:25:48 GMT
Hello! I have a project that has successfully used Apache2::AuthCookieDBI
with mod_perl on Apache 2.2 and Apache 2.0 before that for many years. For
various reasons, we are looking at moving this project to a new system that
uses Apache 2.4 exclusively, and the custodians of this new system are
disinclined to use Apache 2.2 even in a dual lightweight/heavyweight server
configuration.

I know AuthCookie has been updated by the magnificient Michael Schout to
support Apache 2.4, but AuthCookieDBI hasn't seen a release in many years.
Has anyone tried using AuthCookieDBI with Apache 2.4 or porting AuthCookieDBI
to 2.4? I presume it's more involved than just installing the latest
version of AuthCookie and changing "use base qw( Apache2::AuthCookie );" to
"use base qw( Apache2_4::AuthCookie );" in Apache2::AuthCookieDBI?
I've looked over Michael Schout's Apache 2.4 authentication API porting
guide here:
http://search.cpan.org/~mschout/Apache-AuthCookie/README.apache-2.4.pod
Any assistance or experience with AuthCookieDBI on Apache 2.4 would be
welcome.

Thanks,
Ed