phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Yates <jesse.k.ya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best development methodology for Apache git?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 19:00:03 GMT
I've used gerrit in the past, and like it just fine, but no need to rock
the boat too much :)

HadoopQA is a jenkins job that monitors JIRA and looks for patches people
post. It then runs a bunch of tests on that patch (does it compile, does it
compile against hadoop2, does it pass all the unit tests, are the line
lengths under 100 chars, etc.) that basically acts as a gating mechanism to
checkin (which can be overriden if the committer wants to run the tests
locally, but that's rare). Its pretty nice to have once the velocity starts
picking up so committers dont need to spend as much time verifying each
patch (running all the tests, etc).

Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com