phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best development methodology for Apache git?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:42:04 GMT
Hi James,

I don't have any good recommendations for preserving your Github-based
community on the Apache infrastructure. Maybe our friends on other Apache
projects that have made the transition, such as Storm or Mesos, have
experience to share?

Outside of Github, I've been very happy using Gerrit [0] for git-based code
review. It supports a workflow such that commits to the "central"
repository can only be performed via its web interface and only after the
necessary +1 has been received. This also lets you enforce different commit
policies, including a fast-forward-only workflow (ie, a SVN-like linear
commit history). I'm afraid I've never configured a public git repository,
nor Gerrit, so my advice ends there.

There's this old ticket [1] which hasn't received much attention.

Let me know if I can provide more concrete assistance.

-n

[0]: https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/
[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2205