phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: branching plan and cutting a 3.0 RC
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:39:13 GMT
+1 on Jeffrey's plan.

We probably want to have feature parity between 3.0 and 4.0, that is why it
makes sense to have 3 active branches, rather than have only master as 4.0.
This way we can ensure that all features in 3.x will be there in 4.x, the
only difference will be about the supported HBase version. The master
branch will be a place to commit new features, while 3.x and 4.x will be
stabilizing over time.

All bug fixes can go to 3 branches, new features only go to the master
branch.

Enis