phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix and CDH 5.1 success
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 19:41:27 GMT
Thanks for the follow-up Mike.

Just to clarify, did you build 4.0 from the 4.0 release tag, or the
current head of the 4.0 branch? The reason I ask is because
PHOENIX-966 [1] fixed some issues with Phoenix being used as a
"normal" JDBC driver in terms of classpath issues. As part of that
ticket, Phoenix was also successfully tested with DbVisualizer.
PHOENIX-966 isn't in the 4.0 release, but it is available in the head
of the 4.0 branch, and will be present in the 4.1 release.

Could you give a bit more info on the kind of issue (errors or stack
traces) you're currently getting when trying to connection with
DbVisualizer?

Thanks,

Gabriel

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-966

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Mike Friedman <Mike.Friedman@ds-iq.com> wrote:
> I would also like to report that we now have Phoenix working with Java JDBC as well,
by following the steps that the sqlline source code uses to connect. I have filed a support
request to DB Visualizer to look into why their product has a problem connecting to the driver.

> Mike

4.0 from the sources, specifying Hadoop profile 2. We did not have to do any kludgy thing.
Sqlline and Squirrel work fine. Pig works fine. However, DB Visualizer does not work. We will
file a bug with them. Also, we found Java applications using JDBC are not working right now.
However, since sqlline is open source, my plan is to study the sqlline source code and change
the way we do the database connection to mimic what sqlline does, and that will get those
Java applications going again.

> I want to thank members of the Phoenix community for their reports of success and for
specific suggestions they provided.