phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Friedman <Mike.Fried...@ds-iq.com>
Subject RE: Phoenix and CDH 5.1 success
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 18:00:55 GMT
I would also like to report that we now have Phoenix working with Java JDBC as well, by following
the steps that the sqlline source code uses to connect. I have filed a support request to
DB Visualizer to look into why their product has a problem connecting to the driver.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Friedman [mailto:Mike.Friedman@ds-iq.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:56 PM
To: dev@phoenix.apache.org; dev@phoenix.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Phoenix and CDH 5.1 success

I would like to report that we got Phoenix and CDH 5.1 working. In the end, we built 4.0 from
the sources, specifying Hadoop profile 2. We did not have to do any kludgy thing. Sqlline
and Squirrel work fine. Pig works fine. However, DB Visualizer does not work. We will file
a bug with them. Also, we found Java applications using JDBC are not working right now. However,
since sqlline is open source, my plan is to study the sqlline source code and change the way
we do the database connection to mimic what sqlline does, and that will get those Java applications
going again.

I want to thank members of the Phoenix community for their reports of success and for specific
suggestions they provided.

Mike