phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From "王晓磊(络石)" <luoshi....@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject Re: A problem with index use
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 01:07:40 GMT
thanks james.
   I have tried just drop the index. but as the client has upsert operator. so the regionServer
throw exception

So I try to find the way. alter the index disable first. then there is no upsert , then drop
it.

--
jaywong
Sent with Airmail

在 2014年9月7日 上午8:03:54, James Taylor (jamestaylor@apache.org) 写到:

Hi Jaywong,
Rather than disable the underlying HBase table through a non Phoenix
API, I'd recommend using the DROP INDEX command if you no longer want
the index: http://phoenix.apache.org/language/index.html#drop_index

In general, it's not a good idea to bypass the Phoenix API as that'll
cause the Phoenix metadata to get out of sync with HBase.

Also, I'd recommend upgrading to our 3.1.0 release as we've fixed a
lot of bugs (some of them ones you reported, which we appreciate).

I'd be interested in understanding why the size of the index became so
big. Can you share your CREATE TABLE and CREATE INDEX statement? Were
there failed previous attempts to create the index? How many versions
are you keeping for the index?

Thanks,
James

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 5:52 AM, 王晓磊(络石) <luoshi.wxl@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>

> Now I have a problem with index use; Phoenix version is 3.0.0
>
> I have a data table has almost 12G data.
>
> And then I create a index include all column. but I found the index table build **80G**
data. And it seems like a repeat build.

> So I set the index table DISABLE. but the index table also has data insert.
>

> Now I just want drop the index. but as a result of the index has insert request. If I
drop it . the region server will be abort.