phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with running sqlline (phoenix 4.4 RC0)
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 23:53:34 GMT
I was inquiring the same thing in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1945?focusedCommentId=14527077&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14527077
.

I think we should get rid of the custom tarball format in dev/make_rc.sh,
and only do maven assembly packaging. Whether this sinks the RC is an open
question. The binary tarball is just for convenience actually. So I am not
sure we need to sink the RC as long as bigtop packaging can take this
tarball and create the binary tarball in the expected layout.

Enis