phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From 杨晗 <yhxx...@163.com>
Subject Why do we need an empty column when doing upsert?
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 13:58:20 GMT
hi all:
     I'm reading phoenix src code recently, and i found PRowImpl.toRowMutations() always adds
an empty column named '_0' for non-delete upsert. Why?
     I read the comment but i didn't quite understand it. Might someone give me an example
that illustates why an empty column is ALWAYS necessary?

    Further more, I have to access a phoenix table by both phoenix client and hbase API in
some cases. If i do not add this empty column explicitly by hbase API, it is ok  if i read
this row by phoenix?

Thanks
-William