phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Chuang <francischu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Docker images for Phoenix
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2018 23:13:30 GMT
I think it would make things easier if we reduce the scope of the docker
images to just an all-in-one HBase + Phoenix + all Phoenix features
enabled testing image to simplify things for now.

Since Phoenix has tags for $HBASE_VER:$PHOENIX_VER for each release, we
should be able to use build hooks (see
https://github.com/docker/hub-feedback/issues/508).

We simply write a shell script to parse the tag, split it into its
constituent parts and pass it to the docker build command as BUILD_ARGS.
The docker file would then reference these build args and build an image
for each tag.

Francis