phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject [DRAFT] board report feb 2019
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2019 16:41:19 GMT
All,

Please take the time to review what I have below and propose any
additions/modifications you think appropriate. Unless I hear requests
otherwise, I'll submit this Monday (2019/02/11).

For those who have the karma and appreciate the prior context, you can
see our previous reports at
https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Phoenix.html

Thanks in advance!

- Josh

<report>
  - Apache Phoenix enables SQL-based OLTP and operational analytics for
Apache Hadoop

## Issues:
  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
  - 4.14.1 was officially released. This release was in the final steps
    of release at the time of that last board report (Nov 2018).
  - We've added a new PMC member and new committers! Karan was added
    as a PMC member. Four new committers joined our ranks: Akshita,
    Chinmay, Jaanai, and Gerald.
  - Regular development continues on the 4.x release line. The 5.x would
    benefit from a new release in the near future.

## Health report:
  - Activity remains constant on average. We had an expected tail-off
    during the Christmas and (calendar) New Year with our predominantly
    US-based membership.

## PMC changes:
  - Currently 28 PMC members.
  - New PMC members:
     - Karan Mehta (2018/12/23)

## Committer base changes:
  - Currently 40 committers.
  - New committers:
    - Akshita Malhotra (2019/01/21)
    - Chinmay Kulkarni (2018/12/10)
    - Jaanai Zhang     (2019/01/02)
    - Gerald Sangudi   (2018/12/16)

## Releases:
  - 4.14.1 was released on 2018/11/14
  - 5.0.0 was released on Sat Jul 14 2018

## Mailing list activity:
  - Activity is largely in-line with history. No significant changes to
    trends to be identified.
</report>