phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Remove Omid and Tephra server component from Phoenix distribution
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2020 15:09:41 GMT
Hi!

We are currently shipping startup scripts and [some of] the JARs necessary
to start the server components of Omid and Tephra in the Phoenix
distribution.

The JARs for OMID are manually enumerated to be added to the distribution,
and have to be updated whenever the Omid dependencies change (and are
currently not enough to start Omid TSO), while the JARS for Tephra seem to
be completely missing.

I propose that we remove both from the Phoenix assembly, and instead
document (link to the corresponding project documentations) how to install
and run the server components for Omid and Tephra.

This would free us from the burden of having to duplicate and maintain the
Omid and Tephra server runtimes in our distribution, and save our users the
frustration when we fail to do so.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

best regards
Istvan