phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Jacoby <gjac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Releasing Phoenix 4.16
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2020 00:01:11 GMT
I've got PHOENIX-5435 in review right now, and would like to get it in 4.16
/ 5.1.

It's allowing the annotation of Phoenix metadata into HBase WALs as a
pre-req for the Phoenix Change Detection Capture framework (PHOENIX-5442).
Since it has both client/server logic, and adds a field to System.Catalog,
it can't go in a patch release.

Depending on timing, I'd _like_ to get PHOENIX-6227, which is the last part
of CDC that will go into core Phoenix, into 4.16, but since that _can_ go
in a patch release and I haven't started it yet, if the release gets cut
before it's ready, no big deal. (The rest of CDC will go into
phoenix-connectors for a future release of that project.)

As for the correctness problems that Daniel points out, I think we should
fix the ones that were detected with a recent version (4.14 or 4.15?), and
test to see which of the older ones can still be reproduced. Once we know
which bugs are real and which are just historical, we can better judge
scope. And hopefully close a bunch of obsolete bugs. (Thanks, Daniel, for
collecting that list!)

Geoffrey