phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing python-phoenixdb 1.0.1
Date Thu, 06 May 2021 23:42:56 GMT
Yes, that'd be great.

The tl;dr for others: Knox employs a cookie for redirecting clients back
to the same backend PQS server. However, the Python library didn't pass
this cookie back to Knox. This results in the second Avatica API call
going to a different PQS instance which doesn't have the cached state
(i.e. the JDBC Connection for Phoenix isn't open on that PQS).

On the bright side, I also saw a 15% performance increase in a
(contrived) test by making this change.